Eat, Pray, Love Quotes By Elizabeth Gilbert
Eat, Pray, Love book is all about self-discovery. An American woman who traveled to various countries for the entire year to experience life. Elizabeth Gilbert has shared many events of her life, which are described fascinatingly.
About Eat, Pray, Love Book
In the beginning, she explains why she divides the story into three sections. Each section with 36 tales for each country she visits e.i. – Italy, India, and Indonesia.
Italy to learn a new language Italian. Along with learning, she also explored various places in Italy, over the love of eating Pizza.
She progressed to India, then Indonesia to learn Yoga and meditation. She lived a rigorous ashram life. The stay and the spiritual training were not just physically but also psychologically tough for her. Chanting, meditating, yoga became an everyday part of her training.
After exploring the art of pleasure in Italy, she experienced the art of devotion in India. Finally In Indonesia, the art of balancing the two. She discovered the newfound adventure with spiritual discipline.
Here I have listed out the best Eat Pray Love quotes, which will inspire you to live a happy and fulfilling life.
1. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
2. Bhagavad Gita–that ancient Indian Yogic text–says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.
3. I think I deserve something beautiful.
4. There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.
5. You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.
Read: Gaur Gopal Das Quotes (Life’s Amazing Secrets)
6. Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.
7. The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving.
8. It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.
9. I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.
10. To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.
11. Look for God, suggests my Guru. Look for God like a man with his head on fire looks for water.
12. You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.
13. When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.
14. At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.
15. To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life.
Read: 55 Mother Teresa Quotes about Love, Compassion, Life, & Humanity
16. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.
17. You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight.
18. Never forget that once upon a time, in an unguarded moment, you recognized yourself as a friend.
19. We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.
20. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.
21. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master.
22. I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on the water.
23. I crossed the street to walk in the sunshine.
24. Some days are meant to be counted, others are meant to be weighed.
25. I am a better person when I have less on my plate.
Read: 55 Quotes by Jack Ma on Life, Success, Entrepreneurship, and Management.
Get the Book: Eat, Pray, Love
The tales, quotes, stories, friendship, love, culture, emotions, everything is weaved perfectly by the author. Definitely a page-turner book. I loved the story and was glued with the pages of the book.
Read: Eat, Pray, Love: Book Review
Let me know your favorite Eat, Pray, Love quotes in the comment below.